waivers (átjelentkezés)

    Version as of 06:11, 29 Jan 2020

    to this version.

    Return to Version archive.

    View current version

    Steps for getting a waiver for a course you have completed at or outside ELTE


    1. If you think you have a course or courses that may be transferred to ELTE, please follow the guidelines below. Note: only courses that cover at least 75% of the subject matter of our coresponding courses will be accepted
    2. If you are
    3. If you are
      • a Hungarian national, download the credit transfer form (‘kreditátviteli kérelem’). We advise you to print it out in a number of copies for the various draft versions. You will have to submit a neat and orderly completed form at the end
      • an international student, use the margins of the study unit list to compile your list of equivalent study units
    4. Find (near) perfect matches for the courses you have finished outside ELTE with the study units bearing in mind the following:
      • typically there will be a one-to-one match (i.e. one course you have finished will match one study unit at ELTE)
      • sometimes more than one course will fit ONE study unit (this is a many-to-one match)
      • there can be NO one-to-many match between a course you have completed earlier and an ELTE study unit (i.e. one course cannot redeem more than one ELTE study unit)
      • only the following grades can be transferred: 3, 4, 5 (or their foreign equivalents)
      • a course (or courses) can only be used ONCE for a waiver
      • bring along official (signed and stamped or printed out from neptun) course descriptions of completed courses
      • a course thus waived is worth the amount of credits that its counterpart is worth at ELTE
    5. Enter the courses you have completed in the left-hand column of the form (see step 2.) and match them with one study unit (step 1.) to the best of your knowledge
    6. Consult heads of departments during office hours. You MUST complete steps 1--4 before coming to see them. Note that they may have to refer you to other members of the department for a professional judgement on the suitability of the course you have completed
    7. If you are
      • a Hungarian national have the orderly filled out form signed by the head of department responsible for the study unit (see below). They will only sign it if you provide evidence of the completion of the course, e.g. your index (a course will only be accepted if it matches closely the subject matter of the appropriate course at ELTE; the teacher may ask you to provide further details, e.g. a reading list for the course or the curriculum).
      • an international student, consult XXXX directly
    8. After you have obtained your signatures, have the form signed by the persons in charge for the credits ('kreditfelelős'). These are the heads of departments.
    9. Submit the form
    10. Wait for the decision of the Credit Transfer Committee (convened twice every semester in October/December in the autumn semester and March/June in the spring semester). The results will appear in neptun.
    11. If you are an international student, the usual tuition fee will apply